This program, which spans a minimum of three years, provides an established and successful route to a professional doctorate. It is aimed at academics and professionals who wish to become effective members of the research community. This program is designed, structured and assessed in a way that supports distance and on-campus study, research and training. It utilizes evaluation criteria and guidelines that lead to achieving the PhD objectives.
Note: PhD Computer Science program is offered only once a year.
The objective of the program is to provide a nurturing environment to young professionals where they gain critical and deeper insight into state of the art research methods and practices in order to develop and exercise their skills to demonstrate the ability to:
- plan and carry out independent and original academic research,
- effectively document the research results in the form of research articles,
- present and defend their research at various national and international forums and among their peers,
- foresee and create exploitation plans for the research results,
- appreciate the existing knowledge,
- execute independent research in future.
The PhD program is divided into various phases, the interplay of which routes a student to successful completion of the doctorate degree as shown in the following Figure.
Figure: PhD program structure showing sequence and interaction of program components starting from establishing the eligibility of the candidate for admission to the final award of PhD degree.
Admission Eligibility Criteria
- 18-year education i.e., MS / M.Phil in Computer Science / Information Technology / Computer Engineering / Software Engineering or equivalent with thesis and minimum CGPA 3.0 out of 4.0 in the Semester System or 1st Division in the Annual System. For any other qualification, which corresponds to 18 years of education but does not fall under semester system or annual system or degree obtained from foreign country, then the student should obtain degree equivalence certificate from Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) to determine the academic eligibility for PhD.
- Each candidate is required to pass the VU Entry Test with minimum 70% marks OR 60% marks in GRE Subject Test along with interview and presentation.
Ph.D (Ph.D in Computer Science) Semester No. 1 Course Code Title Type Pre Requisite Credit Hours Specialization CS703 Advanced Operating Systems Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS704 Advanced Computer Architecture-II Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS708 Software Requirement Engineering Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS711 Software Design Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS712 Distributed DBMS Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS713 Object Oriented DBMS Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS716 Advanced Computer Networks Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS718 Wireless Networks Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) Semester No. 2 Course Code Title Type Pre Requisite Credit Hours Specialization CS706 Software Quality Assurance Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS707 Network Security Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS709 Formal Methods for Software Engineering Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS710 Mobile and Pervasive Computing Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS721 Network Performance Evaluation Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS723 Probability and Stochastic Processes Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS724 Software Process Improvement Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0) CS726 Information Retrieval Techniques Elective 3 (Theory:3, Practical:0)
Tag:building materials, google material design updates, hardest material, how to write term paper vu, material design, material design 2021, material design at google i/o, material design updates, strongest material, toughest material, updates on material design, vu, vu current mid term papers 2018 all books, vu fee calculation 2021, vu fee calculator, vu fee installments, what is material design?, what’s new in material design, world's strongst material